Упражнение 1. Поставьте глаголы в следующих предложениях в утвердительную, вопросительную и отрицательную формы Past Simple.
1. I (to do)
morning exercises. 2. He (to work) at a factory. 3. She (to sleep) after
4. We (to work) part-time. 5. They (to drink) tea every day. 6. Mike (to be) a student.
7. Helen (to have) a car. 8. You (to be) a good friend. 9. You (to be) good friends.
10. It (to be) difficult to remember everything.
Упражнение 2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple.
1. Alice (to
have) a sister. 2. Her sister’s name (to be) Ann.
3. Ann (to be) a student. 4. She (to get) up at seven o'clock.
5. She (to go) to the institute in the morning. 6. Jane (to be) fond of sports.
7. She (to do) her morning exercises every day. 8. For breakfast she (to have) two eggs, a sandwich and a cup of tea. 9. After breakfast she (to go) to the institute. 10. Sometimes she (to take) a bus.
11. It (to take) her an hour and a half to do her homework. 12. She (to speak) English well.
13. Her friends usually (to call) her at about 8 o’clock. 14. Ann (to take) a shower before going to bed.
15. She (to go) to bed at 11 p. m.
Упражнение 3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple.
1. My working
day (to begin) at six o'clock. 2. I (to get) up,
(to switch) on the TV and (to brush) my teeth.
3. It (to take) me about twenty minutes. 4. I (to have) breakfast at seven o’clock.
5. I (to leave) home at half past seven. 6. I (to take) a bus to the institute. 7. It usually (to take) me about fifteen minutes to get there. 8. Classes (to begin) at eight. 9. We usually (to have) four classes a day.
10. I (to have) lunch at about 2 o’clock.
Упражнение 5. Вставьте глагол "to be” в требуемой форме Past Simple.
1. I ... a
student. 2. My father ... not a shop-assistant,
he ... a scientist. 3. ... your aunt
a nurse? - Yes, she ... . 4. ...
they at home? - No, they ... not. They ... at school. 5. ... you an engineer? -
6. ... your friend a photographer? No, she ... not a photographer, she ... a student. 7. ... your brothers at school? - Yes, they ... . 8. ... this her watch? - Yes, it ... . 9. Max ... an office-worker