9 Form Lesson 26 Date:
The main part:
Pleasure of life.
Формирование знаний учащихся по теме «Писатели Великобритании: Джек Лондон».
1) Обеспечить в ходе урока усвоение учащимися новой лексики.
2) Воспитывать у учащихся уважение к поэзии страны изучаемого языка.
3) Развивать навыки чтения и говорения.
Fool, foolish, a coward, a playwright, respectable, to marry.
The procedure of the lesson:
T: Good morning, dear children! Sit down! Who is on duty today? What date is it today? Who is absent today?
What day is it today? What’s the weather like today? What Russian writers do you know? What English writers do you know?
Your home task was ex. 7 p. 77 (copybooks) and to read the text about Jack London!
Today we are going to read and talk about famous English playwright Jack London.
First let’s read and write down the new words.
Now let’s watch the presentation about William Shakespeare and read the text about him.
Now read the text again and answer the questions:
1. Who was Jack London?
2. When and where was he born?
3. Who was his father?
4. Where did he study?
5. When did he start writing plays?
6. How many works did he write?
7. What are his most famous works?
Exercise. True or false?
1. Jack London was born on April,23,1564 in London.
2. He was little known in England.
3. His father was very poor.
4. Jack London was the youngest of eight children.
5. He get married when he was 25.
6. They had 5 children.
To retell the text.
What was the text about? What interesting things have you learnt about Jack London?
The marks for the lesson are … The lesson is over! Good-bye!