9 Form Lesson 20 Date:
The main part:
Pleasure of life.
Формирование знаний учащихся по теме «Писатели Великобритании: Джонатан Свифт».
1) Обеспечить в ходе урока усвоение учащимися лексики по данной теме.
2) Содействовать расширению кругозора учащихся.
3) Развивать навыки чтения и говорения.
To be regarded, a treasure, to admire, peasant, to strain, to suffer, profitless, to burden.
The procedure of the lesson:
T: Good morning, dear children! Sit down! Who is on duty today? What date is it today? Who is absent today?
What day is it today? What’s the weather like today? What Russian writers do you know? What English writers do you know?
Your home task was ex. 11 p. 66 (copybooks) and to read the text about Jonathan Swift!
Today we are going to read and talk about famous English poet Jonathan Swift.
First let’s read and write down the new words.
Now let’s watch the presentation about Jonathan Swift and read the text about him.
Now read the text again and answer the questions:
True or false?
1. Jonathan Swift was born in a rich family.
2. His father died at the age of 25.
3. He was born in England.
4. Swift went to Oxford and took his Master of Arts degree in 1692.
5. In 1726 Swift’s masterpiece "Gulliver ‘s Travels” appeared.
To retell the text; to read the text about William Shakespeare.
What was the text about? What interesting things have you learnt about Jonathan Swift?
The marks for the lesson are … The lesson is over! Good-bye!