Family relationships - 5th grade23.11.2017 368 64 Кульжабекова Айгуль Булатовна
Date: 06.11.2017 Teacher name: Aigul Kulzhabekova
Grade: 5 Number present: absent:
Theme of the lesson
Family relationships 1
Learning objectives(s) that this lesson is contributing to 5.S5 keep interaction going in basic exchanges on a growing range of general and curricular topics
5.UE1 use appropriate countable and uncountable nouns, including common noun phrases describing times and location, on a limited range of familiar
general and curricular topics
5.S6 communicate meaning clearly at sentence level during, pair, group and whole class exchanges
All learners will be able to
- Listen and repeat new words
- Use the words to complete the sentences
Most learners will be able to
- Ask and answer the questions
Some students will be able to
Language objectives Use possessive case, use the questions “who’s? / whose?”
Value links Family relationships
Cross curricular links Self-knowledge, Psychology and Art
ICT skills Projector or Smart board
Intercultural awareness Students will be able to understand that every person, family and country has their own values.
Kazakh culture Students will be able to differentiate family values in Kazakh culture
Pastoral Care Students will be able to understand the importance of family and relationships
Health and Safety Everyday classroom precautions will ensure that safety measures are provided to prevent the exposure of electrical power cords
Previous learning Human beings
Planned timings Planned activities (replace the notes below with your planned activities) Resources
- Greeting the class
- Duty’s report about the month, day of the week, weather, absent students
- Students look at the pictures of the family and family members and try to guess the theme of the lesson
Pictures of the family
30 min Task 1
- Listen and repeat the words
- What are the words in your language?
- Presentation of new words
- Presentation of the Possessive Case
Noun singular + ‘s – Sue’s brother
Plural noun + -s’ – girls’ uncle
Irregular noun + ‘s – men’s house
- Practice the exercise
- Look at Sue’s family tree. Use the words above to complete the sentences
Mark is Sue’s dad. He’s her dad.
5 minutes Name 3 things:
I have learnt…
I still want to know…
I didn’t understand …
Differentiation – how do you plan to give more support? How do you plan to challenge the more able learners? Assessment – how are you planning to check learners’ learning? Cross-curricular links
Health and safety check
• More support can be given in Activity 2 when they write about their family members by providing less-able learners with examples or words to make up the sentence and in Activity 3 while asking questions also less-able learners can be given the model of a question so that they can just put appropriate name and adjective
• Learners who are less confident at drawing the family tree, can be given a picture of a tree
• More-able learners can be encouraged to write more sentences and ask more Wh questions. • Monitor when you show the flashcards of family members in Activity 1
• Monitor when learners write their sentences about family members in Activity 2
• Assessment criteria of R2
• Monitor when they ask questions in Activity 3 • Self-knowledge, Psychology and Art: when learners draw their family tree and make a presentation in Activity 2 and Activity 3 they develop their creativity, love and respect to their family
• Make sure learners have sufficient space to do physical activity.
• Use of Smart board or projector while presenting the words and tasks
• Develop learners’ love, respect to their family, a sense of responsibility and concern for the family.
Were the lesson objectives/learning objectives realistic?
What did the learners learn today?
What was the learning atmosphere like?
Did my planned differentiation work well?
Did I stick to timings? What changes did I make from my plan and why?
Use the space below to reflect on your lesson. Answer the most relevant questions from the box on the left about your lesson.
What two things went really well (consider both teaching and learning)?
What two things would have improved the lesson (consider both teaching and learning)?
What have I learned from this lesson about the class or individuals that will inform my next lesson?
Полный текст материала смотрите в скачиваемом файле.
На странице приведен только фрагмент материала.