Лондон 9 класс07.04.2017 678 136 Сарбасова Фатима Иртысовна
Aims: 1) Consolidation of the pupils` knowledge and reading skills on the topic “Dream vacation”
2) Enriching their scope and vocabulary on the topic “London”
3) Consolidation and developing the grammar skills in the theme “Gerund”.
Visual aids: Presentations on PC “London”, “Gerund”, pictures of the Lodon`s sights, cards with phonetic drill words, map of Great Britain.
Procedure of the lesson:
1) The pupil’s on duty report and Phonetic drill- the letter e as a sound __ in the second syllable.
Pupils read and answer the questions on the home task text “Dream vacation”
3. Presentation of the topic- Today we shall speak about the capital of the United Kingdom . Do you know which city is the capital? (translate if don’t understand)
1) slides on the topic (sights of London)
2) reading the information, completing the tasks.
London is the capital and the largest city in Great Britain. More than 7 million people live and work there. London is the political, business and cultural centre of the UK.
London stands on the river Thames. The Thames is a part of London’s history. Now there are about 30 town bridges over the river
By the way, there are many beautiful churches in London. St. Paul’s Cathedral is decorated with towers and columns. Architect, Sir Christopher Wren, built it in the 17th century after the Great Fire of 1666. I am sure, Westminster Abbey is popular because a lot of kings and queens were crowned and buried here.
The Queen of England lives in Buckingham Palace, tourists like to take pictures of guards in red uniforms and their parade near the Palace.
The heart of London is the City, the oldest part of the capital. There are many banks and offices in it. Lots of people work in the City, but very few live there.
The world famous Tower of London was a fortress, a palace, a prison and a royal zoo. Now it is a beautiful museum. Black ravens always live in the yard near the Tower. People keep them and look after them very well for London to become richer and richer.
You can find best theatres, cinemas and museums in London, for example, the Covent Garden Theatre and the British museum with the largest Reading Hall. Every day hundreds of tourists visit the National Gallery – a very popular picture gallery in Trafalgar Square.
Trafalgar Square is the centre of London. There is a tall column in the middle of the square. It is a monument to Admiral Nelson with 4 bronze lions at it and 2 beautiful fountains nearby.
Oxford Street is the main shopping centre of London.
Londoners like to spend their time in green parks of the city, the largest and the most popular one is Hyde Park.
There are so many other places to visit in London, I hope to see all of them some day.
3) Practice: Answer the questions:
What kind of city is London?
Whose capital is it?
How many people live in London nowadays?
What are there in London?
Would you like to visit London?
What would you like to see there?
What do you know about famous sights of London?(4-5 sentences)
4. Presentation of the grammar Presentation on PC “The Gerund” and completing the task
5. Ending of the lesson. Reflex ion, home task №13, p.84
Полный текст материала смотрите в скачиваемом файле.
На странице приведен только фрагмент материала.